VIVEPORT Classroom SDK provides you with a set of dynamic tools for your title to interact with Classroom Management System. When teachers adopt VR Content into a physical classroom, they use the features presented in Classroom Management System to communicate with the VR Content running on the side of the students. Integrating this SDK can assist in the teaching process and improve the learning results.
Classroom Management System feature that require SDK support includes:
- Pause & Resume: Story telling content can be better controlled in class if it support these API. Once teacher click on Pause button, title shall receive OnSuspend() (a pause sign ought to be displayed to indicate its status), then teacher click on Resume button, OnResume() is received to continue playing.
- Switch Scene: Switch scene allows contents to have multiple entries. Teacher can switch scene any time during the class with all students, or start from the next scene in the next class. OnCheckpoint() is received to change scene.
- Questions & answers: Teacher can issue a timely question to student anytime in class by typing his questions and possible answers. Then, title shall receive OnExercise() (a question dialog ought to be displayed for students to choose), once students choose their answer, UserAct.Exercise() is used to return the answer back from students to the teacher side. Teacher side shall display overall result of all answers from students.
The ViveportClassroom SDK consists of the components below:
- Client-side SDK: This is to integrate with content so that content can interact with Classroom server.
- Demo Server: This is a simulation tool that function as Classroom Server.