- What is VIVE Wave?
- Where can I download the Wave SDK?
- How do I access the Wave Developer Community forum?
- How do I fix compile or build errors after importing a custom package?
- How do I put controllers into a scene?
- How do I switch heads with different tracking pose settings in the same scene?
- How do I switch between 6DoF and 3DoF in the same scene?
- Why can't I receive events or click on the system overlay?
- How do I get controller objects in runtime?
- How do I show or hide the controller pointer?
- How do I change the controller model object from Root to Emitter?
- How do I know if a controller sends an event?
- How do I set the controller position in a rotation-only environment?
- How do I display only one controller in a scene?
- How do I find out the distance of the head from the floor?
VIVE Eye Tracking (SRanipal)
- Where can I download the VIVE Eye Tracking (SRanipal) runtime and SDK?
- How do I calibrate eye tracking?
- What drivers are required for VIVE Eye Tracking (SRanipal)?
- How do I update the VIVE Eye Tracking (SRanipal) runtime?
- How do I update the VIVE Pro Eye firmware?
- When starting my app, why does Windows prompt for permission to make changes?
- The eye camera version shows "N/A". Is that a problem?
- If I encountered other eye tracking issues, what should I do?
- I encountered eye calibration initialization and OpenCL errors. What should I do?
VIVE Hand Tracking
- Does the Hand Tracking SDK support VIVE Cosmos?
- Are there prebuilt samples available, and where can I find them?
- My Unity build throws this exception: "DllNotFoundException: aristo_interface". What should I do?
- I encountered this error: "Start Detection Error: Camera". What should I do?
- I encountered this error: "Start Detection Error: OpenCL". What should I do?
- Is there a way to improve hand detection accuracy?
VIVE 3DSP Audio
- Are there tutorials for the VIVE 3DSP Audio SDK?
- How do I know if there's a public release for the SDK?
- How do I quickly enable VIVE 3DSP Audio SDK to add enhanced support for 3D sound effects in Unity?
- Does 3DSP Audio SDK have any hardware dependencies?
- Can VIVE 3DSP Audio SDK be used in conjunction with other spatialization SDKs?
Is there a way to improve hand detection accuracy?
The Hand Tracking SDK uses a deep learning model to detect hands and fingers, and detection accuracy depends mainly on the training images. The HTC development team is continuously collecting data and improving accuracy.
Hand detection, especially finger tracking, may vary based on your lighting condition and background. Here are some tips that may help improve accuracy:
- Roll your sleeves and make sure your wrist is fully visible. This can highly improve finger detection accuracy.
- On VIVE Pro and VIVE Cosmos, lift your hand a little higher since the vertical FOV (Field of View) of their front camera(s) is quite small.
- Avoid places where the color of your background looks similar as your hand complexion. Choose a place where your hands can be detected against a high-contrast background.
- The same goes for your lighting. Try to experiment with various lighting colors,. Make sure your room lighting is neither too dark (which will make it hard to distinguish your hand from your environment) nor too light (which may result in losing hand texture details).
- If you're using an Android phone, make sure to turn your phone counterclockwise and hold it in landscape orientation.