Thank you for your continued support of VIVE Cosmos. We’ve heard your feedback and are working on solutions to ensure you have the best VR experience possible.
Below you’ll find the latest information on a recent software update as well as updates coming in October.
VIVE Cosmos 1.0.5 – Release Notes
- Room setup performance improved for low light environments.
- Resolved a USB audio driver compatibility issue where audio would not play on certain system configurations.
- Updated multiple languages strings throughout the out of box setup, Vive Console, and Origin.
- Support for multiple languages on “Learn more page” in controller pairing step (Arabic, Chinese (Traditional/Simplified), Czech, Denmark, Dutch, Finish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean,
Norwegian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Spanish-US, Swedish)
- Fixed Russian string overlap issues in Vive Console
- Fixed Japanese missing character in Origin
- Support Czech language in Origin
Next Update (Late October Beta)
We have seen the community feedback and are continuing to work to improve tracking overall.Our next update targeted for beta at the end of October will work to improve the following scenarios:
- Improved low light tracking, with better prediction during fast movements
- Reduced tracking jitter
- Compatibility for Vive Wireless Adapter
- Low light tracking stability – we will be continuously improving tracking accuracy in low light conditions
- High brightness tracking stability – we will be improving tracking accuracy in high brightness environment
- Overall improvement for prediction models when a controller exits the headset’s FOV
- Faster and more accurate positional recovery when returning into the headset’s FOV
- Improved near HMD tracking, which should improve archery mechanics in games
- Improved slow movement occlusion tracking prediction
Additional updates will be disclosed with future releases.