Any audio source can be used to add sound to your scene. Here are some guidelines to get the best possible outcomes:
Make sure that sounds are balanced, harmonious, and generally soft. The following are optional recommendations:
- Normalized peaks no louder than -10 dB
Reduce Audio Source volume levels to:
- 0.2 to 0.4 for background sounds
- 0.6 for midground sounds
- Max of 0.8 for interactions
- Make sure that all custom Audio Source objects have a Preview Audio Context component. This routes the output of the Audio Source to the correct Audio Mix Group in VIVEPORT.
- Unity Audio Reverb Zones are supported and recommended for most soundscapes.
Consult the VIVEPORT SDK Audio Reference Scene for examples of sound placement, located in Examples/Audio reference scene/Viveport SDK Audio Reference Scene.scene of your Unity project folder. This will only be visible once you have imported the VIVEPORT Scene SDK.