Testing your VR preview before submission
Testing is an essential step of any development process. Even if you’ve been testing in Unity, it’s important to try and test that your preview works correctly.
Once your VR preview has been exported, you should test it using the steps below.
Note: You will need to have the ViveSceneSDK extracted to a location of your choice. Make a note of this location.
- In a file manager, navigate to the location of your exported preview and copy the zipped VR preview.
- Navigate to the ViveSceneSDK folder, and then navigate to ViveSceneSDKTestbed > ViveportVRDLC .
Paste your zip file into the
- Go back up one level to the ViveSceneSDKTestbed folder , and then launch ViveSceneSDKTestbed.exe . SteamVR should launch along with the testing software.
- In the testing software window, find the name of your zip file and click Unpack if it hasn’t previously been opened.
Do any of the following:
- Click Load Skybox to load your Skybox.
to load your VR preview.
You will need to put on your VR headset to view your preview.
- When you’re done, click Cleanup to clear your preview’s unpacked files and save space. The original zip file will be preserved so you can preview again later.
This guide assumes that you use the same computer for development and testing. If you don’t, you’ll need to move your packaged zip file to your test computer along with the ViveSceneSDK. The test computer does not need Unity installed.