Exporting your VR preview
Once your scene has been laid out and everything has been placed, you can export it for testing or submission.
- From the Unity Editor menu at the top of the screen, click Vive > Export Editor . You will see a menu with a series of steps.
Enter your App ID here. You can choose to either use a test name, or use your title’s VIVEPORT ID.
Note: Your final submission must use your title’s VIVEPORT ID as the App ID, but this is not needed for local testing.
- If you’ve added navigation mesh information, or if you’ve added teleporting, under Navigation Mesh click Update ViveNavMesh Data .
- Under VR Preview Scene , click Bundle Scene . This will bundle all the objects for packaging, along with any of the preconfigured interaction scripts.
- Under VR Skybox > Render From Position , select VR Skybox Render pos (Transform) .
- In the Scene window, adjust the position of the VR Skybox Render pos . This is the vantage point from which your Skybox will be captured.
- Once your Skybox Render pos is set, click Bundle Skybox .
- Click Export All Contents to export your VR preview. Once complete, you will see a message with the location of your zipped VR preview.