XR_HTC_hand_interaction allows developers to create an application with hand interaction.
Supported Platforms and devices
|Focus3/ XR Elite
|Vive Pro series
|Focus3/ XR Elite
- Edit > Plugins > Search for OpenXR and ViveOpenXR, and make sure they are enabled.
- Note that the " SteamVR " and " OculusVR " plugin must be disabled for OpenXR to work.
- Restart the engine for the changes to take effect.
How to use OpenXR Hand Interaction Unreal Feature
- Make sure ViveOpenXR is enabled.
- Select Edit > Project Settings > Plugins > Vive OpenXR > Enable Hand Interaction under Hand Interaction to enable OpenXR Hand Interaction extension.
- Restart the engine to apply new settings after clicking Enable Hand Interaction.
- For the available Hand Interaction functions, please refer to ViveOpenXRHandInteractionFunctionLibrary.h.
Type Hand Interaction to get the Hand Interaction blueprint functions your content needs.
Get HandInteraction Aim Pose
Provide location and rotation of the aim pose on your hand.
Get HandInteraction Grip Pose
Provide location and rotation of the grip pose on your hand.
Get HandInteraction Select Value
Provide a float showing how hard your hand pinch.
Get HandInteraction Squeeze Value
Provide a float showing how hard your hand Squeeze.
Switch hands by enabling the Is Right checkbox.
Get Left -hand HandInteraction Grip Pose
Get Right -hand HandInteraction Grip Pose
Play the sample map
- Make sure the OpenXR Hand Interaction extension is enabled, the setting is in Edit > Project Settings > Plugins > Vive OpenXR .
- The sample map is under Content > HandInteraction > Map .
- Aim the beam at the cubes far from you then pinch to hold them.
Close to cubes and grab them, you can hold them steady.
- Start playing the HandInteraction map, you can grab the nearby cubes or aim the beam at cubes to hold and move them. The blue cube will float in the air, and the red ones will drop down when you release them.