XR_HTC_facial_tracking allows developers to create an application with actual facial expressions on 3D avatars.
Supported Platforms and devices
|PC||PC Streaming||Focus3/ XR Elite||V|
|Pure PC||Vive Cosmos||X|
|Vive Pro series||V|
|AIO||Focus3/ XR Elite||V|
- Edit > Plugins > Search for OpenXR and ViveOpenXR, and make sure they are enabled.
- Edit > Plugins > Built-in > Virtual Reality > OpenXREyeTracker
- Note that the " SteamVR " and " OculusVR " plugin must be disabled for OpenXR to work.
- Restart the engine for the changes to take effect
How to use OpenXR Facial Tracking Unreal Feature
- Please make sure ViveOpenXR is enabled
- Edit > Project Settings > Plugins > Vive OpenXR > Click Enable Facial Tracking under Facial Tracking to enable OpenXR Facial Tracking extension.
- Restart the engine to apply new settings after clicking Enable Facial Tracking .
- For the available FacialTracking functions, please refer to ViveOpenXRFacialTrackingFunctionLibrary.cpp.
to get the
blueprint functions your content needs.
Get Eye Facial Expressions
Provides the blend shapes of the eyes.
Get Lip Facial Expressions
Provides the blend shapes of the lip.
- Get Eye Facial Expressions
Play the sample map
- Make sure the OpenXR Facial Tracking extension is enabled, the setting is in Edit > Project Settings > Plugins > Vive OpenXR .
The sample map is under
- Start playing the FacialTracking map, you can see the avatar's expression change.