VIVE Wave XR Plugin
In Unity 2019.3 and newer, the new XR Plug-in Framework is introduced to provide better integration across multiple XR platforms and to streamline the development process of XR Applications. The VIVE Wave XR Plugin is created to support this framework.
Wave Unity XR Plugin is fully integrated with VIVE Wave native runtime. It is designed with flexibility in mind. You can choose to develop with better cross-platform compatibility, or to enhance user experience by leveraging more Wave platform-specific features.
To install the Wave XR Plugins packages, please add VIVE registry to your project, then install the packages in the package manager.
1. Adding VIVE Registry To Your Project
To let your project access packages from VIVE, you should add VIVE registry to your project first.
Learn how to add VIVE registry here
2. Installing Plugins Through Unity Package Manager
Open package manager, find Wave XR Plugins in the list.
In Unity 2020.1 and later, you should switch to
to see the packages from sources other than Unity registry.
Select a file to download and for each SDK component please accept the licensing agreement.
- Wave SDK for Unity
- Wave SDK for Unreal Engine
Native Wave SDK
- For developers using native Java code. Usually not needed for developers who use Unity or Unreal Engine.
Wave SDK Tools and Services
- Wave runtime tools and services that are helpful to developers using Unity/Unreal or Native SDK.